Restrictions on the Use of Parking Spaces in the Town Hall Corridor
Restrictions affecting the use of (a) the off-street parking spaces in the S. Russell Parking Deck, the Cornish Lot and the Burton Lot, and (b) the on-street metered spaces on Russell and S. Russell Streets around Town Hall.
Every Day from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
The 4-hour paid meters adjacent to the north and south sides of the Town Green near Court Street are in effect from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday through Sunday including holidays. These 4-hour meters extend up Russell Street (9 spaces) and South Russell Street (12 spaces) from Court Street to the corner of the former 1820 Courthouse leading to the atrium entrance and are indicated by appropriate signage.
When Town Hall is Closed
Friday, 12 noon to 7:00 PM and
Saturday, Sunday, holidays 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
1. The lower and upper level of the S. Russell parking deck, the Cornish Lot and Burton Lot are all available for public paid parking (up to 10 hours). Also, Premium and Limited permit holders may park in these lots as specified in the Park Plymouth website.
O Town Hall employees with employee permits must pay for parking if they park in these locations when Town Hall is closed.
2. The meters on Russell and S. Russell Streets become 4-hour paid spaces open to the public and Town Hall employees when Town Hall is closed.
Town Hall will be closed on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day Labor Day
Martin Luther King Day Columbus Day
Presidents Day Veteran’s Day
Patriots Day Thanksgiving Day
Memorial Day Day after Thanksgiving
Juneteenth Day Christmas
During Town Hall Hours
Monday through Thursday, 7:30 AM to 7:00 pm and
Friday, 7:30 AM to 12:00 Noon
1. The lower level of the S. Russell parking deck is available for public paid parking at all times (up to 10 hours). Also, Premium and Limited permit holders may park in the lower level of the deck as specified in the Park Plymouth website. Town Hall employee permit holders, however, are not allowed to park in the lower level of the deck at any time.
2. The upper level of the S. Russell Parking Deck is reserved for use by Town of Plymouth employees; Town employees are also allowed to park in the Burton Lot and, if necessary, in the Cornish Lot.
O Town Hall employees with Town Hall permits can park in these locations as long as necessary on weekdays (i.e., not limited to the above hours).
O Town Hall employees with Town Hall permits cannot park at any free, 2-hour timed spaces on Russell or S. Russell streets during Town Hall hours or they will receive a parking citation.
3. Visitors to Town Hall can park for free at the 2-hour on-street timed spaces on Russell and S. Russell Streets, and for 2 hours in the Cornish Lot provided space is available.
O Visitors to Town Hall may receive a parking citation if they park on the upper deck or in the Burton Lot during town hall hours
There may be occasions when the PGDC and the Town of Plymouth agree to waive or relax the enforcement of one or more of the above parking restrictions.