Cost of Parking Permits
If you visit, work or shop often in the downtown/waterfront area of Plymouth, a parking permit will cost substantially less than paying for parking on an hourly or daily basis. 2019 permit parking prices are provided below.
If a merchant or employee purchases a non-resident Premium Permit for $250 and then parks an average of 1500 hours annually (6 hours/day or 30 hours/week @ 50 weeks) in a downtown Plymouth parking lot, he/she would be paying roughly $1.00 per day to park (or 17 cents/hour). A Plymouth resident/employee who purchases a Premium Permit for $125 would be paying ½ of that amount daily. This compares to the current parking rate of between $1.50 and $2.00 per hour or $12.00 to $16.00 per day.
Important permit requirements to remember:
- All out-of-town residents and all commercial fisherman must provide the verification documents listed under each permit type on the application.
- To qualify for the Senior Citizen discount, you must be 66 years old by January 1st of the permit year; however, those who qualified for a Senior Discount permit in previous years will automatically qualify for the discount rate.
- Permits are not interchangeable between vehicles.
- Your parking permit must be affixed to the inside upper right-hand corner of the passenger door window on the vehicle to which it is assigned.
- A parking permit will not be issued or re-issued until all outstanding parking tickets are paid in full.
- Permits affixed to a vehicle must be a valid permit issued for that vehicle by Park Plymouth (no replicates).
- There are no full or partial refunds on permit purchases.
- There is a $10.00 fee for the first replacement of a lost, damaged or stolen permit, or for the placement of a replacement permit on a new vehicle; additional permit replacements will cost full price. There will be no replacement fee if you return the old permit.
- Park Plymouth reserves the right to deny a permit request and/or revoke parking permits for blatant non-compliance and abuse of the permit rules at any time.